[First published May 11, 2017. Updated and republished September 2, 2017] It’s a dream of every amateur and pro gamer to have their own personal game studio where they can hire the best developers, create awesome video games and sell them for a huge profit! Game Studio Tycoon 3 gives you the chance to simulate a fully functional game development studio! Do you have what it takes to beat the competition and become the best studio in the industry?
In Game Studio Tycoon 3, start on your own in a small office, and grow your gaming business to owning 7 buildings and managing 50 employees while tasking 3 independent teams of game developers to produce different projects at the same time! Learn how to build your video gaming business alone, or try to get help from investors. A unique investor system allows you to sell off part of your company for money when you’re in a pinch!
Create your own hardware! You can create a traditional console, handheld device, or even a mobile device (tablet/phone). Once your hardware is released you can try to increase your market share by investing in third party developers to produce games for your hardware. Every game you release on your own hardware can help increase your market share!
- Develop games for devices from 50 years of gaming history as well as the near future.
- Create your own video games and even MMO’s! Determine the level of support for your MMO games, create updates, and run advertisement campaigns to attract new users!
- Set the price for your games and hardware. Lower priced products tend to sell more, but turn less of a profit – find the right balance to capitalize!
- Participate in 3 yearly conventions, each targeted at different types of fans.
- Incredibly complex fan and user system. Each fan has a genre preference, and platform preference, and an age. On top of that, your fans will grow older as the game progresses!
- Compare your studio against 7 AI studios and compete for yearly awards.
- Analyze and strategize! Pour over various charts and graphs to determine what games you should make and decide what direction to take your company in.
- Plan your game projects and hardware ahead of time. You can queue up to 3 projects for each team to work on for a total of 9 projects. This means when a team is done with their current project, they will move on to the next one right away!
- Take a gamble and make games for big publishers! However, publisher deals rely on your past projects so be sure to have a high average game rating!
- Certify your employees in 8 different technical fields to help improve their performance.
Important: All the freebies mentioned here are free at the time of publishing this article. It may, you see some price tag instead of “Free” when visiting the store which means the product is no longer available as “Free”. Not being free and you buy or download it, you may be charged with the price of the product. Please, also be aware that some apps may have in-app-purchases options.