Before talking about Runner’s Log, app from yesterday Runtastic Road Bike GPS Cycling Route Tracker PRO is still free for iPhone and iPad. Also the same app with different name Runtastic Road Bike Pro is free on Google Play.
Runner’s Log makes it easy to record the results of a running session in a matter of seconds. You can also use Runner’s Log to review your running history, and plan new routes for future running sessions.
You can simply use GPS if using an iPhone or, when you return from a run, use Runner’s Log to record your session: The date, route, and shoes used are all automatically filled in based on defaults. The time spent on your last run for the route is also presented as the default. Simply adjust the minutes or seconds and you are done! Your pace will be shown to you.
To plan a new route to try in your neighborhood, go to the routes tab and bring up the map, which centers on your current location. Simply tap points on the map in order to create your route. When done, the route distance is automatically computed. If you run this route frequently, you can set it as the default.
● Use the built-in map to plan out a route, or if using an iPhone, simply track your course with GPS.*
● Sync your iPhone and iPad using iCloud (enable via Settings app).
● View a calendar showing which days you ran recently.
● View statistics and charts of weekly, monthly, and yearly progress.
● Track the total mileage put on your running shoes (which typically last 350–550 miles).
● Categorize log entries with user-defined tags.
● Share on dailymile.com, Twitter, Facebook.
● Import and export data in CSV format. Import GPX files.
Important: All the freebies mentioned here are free at the time of publishing this article. It may, you see some price tag instead of “Free” when visiting the store which means the product is no longer available as “Free”. Not being free and you buy or download it, you may be charged with the price of the product. Please, also be aware that some apps may have in-app-purchases options.