One of my known lady is always wearing an emergency button in her neck. She is very old may be 90+ years but still active and likes to do her work by her own hands. Her family is always worried about her. So, they gave her an emergency button which connects to family members phones. In case of emergency, she only needs to press the button once and everybody in the family will know that she is in need and they will also know her precise location. That emergency button works on GPS.
The android app LocateMe also works on GPS. It does not need any internet connection to work. You download the app to your loved ones’ mobile phone running Android. Whenever you need to know the location of that person, just send and sms texting where are you. You will get back the message with that person’s precise location. Thus in simple words, you can find location using coordinates via LocateMe Android app in simplest way. The app supports many other languages.
The only app that DOES NOT need internet to report accurate location of, just send SMS from your mobile “Where are you” in English or IN YOUR OWN LANGUAGE, and get the location and speed of the people whom you concern about, the app accept the following SMSs:
1.English phrases: (where are you) and (wru)
2.Arabic phrases: (وينك) (وينكي) (وينكم) (فينك) (فينكي) (فينكم) (أين أنت) (أين أنتم) .
3.”where are you’ in another 72 languages as appeared in this reference: http://www.indifferentlanguages.com/words/where_are_you%3F
You can use this app to find the people you worry about, like:
1. Your youngers,
2. Your elders that have in crowded areas or with some problem
3. Others with self control disabilities
4. Your friend or relative who is lost somewhere where on internet available to share location via whatsapp or other social media apps.
5. Your driver who is in task,
6. Your sales people and government representative
How does LocateMe works:
- Install LocateMe app in the android phone of the person you need to know the location. The person should have that phone along with and keep it on.
- Configure the app and feed the trusted number which will be used to send sms for location retrieval.
- From the trusted number send sms like where are you to the host number.
- The app will respond with two sms: first sms will have location coordinates which can be opened using Google Maps, etc. The second sms will have the address of the host.
- That’s it.
Important: All the apps mentioned here are free at the time of publishing this article. It may, you see some price tag instead of “Free” when visiting the App Store which means the app is no longer available as “Free”. Not being free and you buy or download it, you may be charged with the price of the app. Please, also be aware that some apps may have in-app-purchases options.