You know I do not talk about hacking and cracking. The reason is simple, it is unethical and shameful act to access others data without their permission. But not all thinks the same way. I believe in Newton’s third law of motion that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Bad deeds come in front of you.
Last weekend, all the newspapers and blogs were covering the story of iCloud breach. It is normally believed that fruit company has the best security measures to protect their users data but seems it is not true. They also said the breach is on targeted account and not the network. Whether it is single account breach or a whole network, breach is breach, just like theft is theft or lie is lie. So how could hackers were able to breach iCloud security and stole the personal data from accounts which needed two-way authentication to be accessed.
BBC has published a full article about the iCloud security breach. Before that Wired has published a long article about this whole breaching story of iCloud. BBC has questioned the iCloud security and has comments from different security analysts about the possibility of such breach. Wired article is in more detail and even introducing the software, which was used to breach into iCloud, publically. Many hundred thousand people may have never knew this software but now they know. And who cares, they are equally involved by spread words about how to misuse this hacking and breaching software.
Elcomsoft Phone Password Breaker or EPPB is the software which was used to breach into iCloud. The intended audience for this tool are law enforcement agencies but everybody can purchase it from their website. There is security no check who is the buyer, so no matter who you are you can have it just for a few bucks. It has three packages: Home (79€), Professional (199€) and Forensic (399€). You will get one year full support and upgrades. There is also a free trial version available. You can also buy additional dictionaries for brute force attack.
Elcomsoft Phone Password Breaker can be used to break into BlackBerry and Apple iOS platforms. The password recovery tool supports all Blackberry smartphones as well as Apple devices running iOS including iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices of all generations released to date, including the iPhone 5S and iOS 7.
Here are the features of EPPB:
- Gain access to information stored in password-protected iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Blackberry backups
- Decrypt iPhone and BlackBerry 9 and earlier backups with known passwords
- Decrypt BlackBerry 10 backups with known BlackBerry ID and password
- Recover passwords to BlackBerry Password Keeper and Wallet applications
- Recover BlackBerry device password*
- Read and decrypt keychain data (email account passwords, Wi-Fi passwords, and passwords you enter into websites and some other applications)
- Save time with cost-efficient GPU acceleration when one or several AMD or NVIDIA video cards are installed**
- Hardware acceleration on Tableau TACC1441 hardware
- Perform advanced dictionary attacks with highly customizable permutations
- Perform offline attacks without Apple iTunes or BlackBerry Desktop Software installed
- Recover passwords to backups for original and ‘jailbroken’ iPhone (all models up to iPhone 5S), iPad(all generations incl. iPad Mini), and iPod Touch (all generations) devices
- Compatible with all versions of iTunes, iOS (up to the latest 7.1.1), BlackBerry Link and BlackBerry Desktop Software
You can google this tool’s website, though I know but I will not tell you.
BBC article here: Apple iCloud security exploit is a concern, experts say
Wired article here: The Police Tool That Pervs Use to Steal Nude Pics From Apple’s iCloud