[CLICK HERE: Norton Antivirus 2014 Free For 6 Months] Being so busy in my profession and other things in the life, I did not have time to write a single word. Friends asked me about my return but I could only say; soon. Writing about security software and specially about privacy is always the main theme of ComputeLogy.com, though, we have shared many different kinds of software as freebies and freeware.
Since a long time, I am relying on free security software like Avast Antivirus Free, Avira Antivirus Free, Zonealarm Free Firelwall, etc. I am using Avira as main threat handler and Avast in compatibility mode means I am using two antivirus engines at the same time. This is because Avast, the only one, can be installed in compatibility mode.
You may have already known that Symantec has released its famous products for 2013 for Windows and Mac systems. One good thing with Norton Antivirus is that you can use old but valid licenses with every new release, even trial licenses can be used for new major releases. Here, we have the same case. But before proceedings, let’s see if Norton Antivirus 2013 is providing at least basic security.
- Advanced protection for your PC – includes everything from Norton AntiVirus
- Norton Protection System – Our 5 patented layers of protection detect and eliminate threats more quickly and accurately than other technologies.
- Browser Protection – Proactively protects you by checking for and blocking online threats as your browser loads, to stop online threats before they can do damage.
- SONAR Behavioral Protection & Live 24×7 Threat Monitoring – Stays ahead of, detects and eliminates threats that haven’t been invented yet by watching your PC for suspicious activity.
- Threat-removal Layer – Targets and eliminates hard-to-remove threats less sophisticated products often miss.
- Insight – Improves performance by identifying safe files and only scanning unknown files.
- Download Insight 2.0 – Protects you from dangerous applications before you install them by telling you if they are harmful or unstable.
- Always up-to-date Product Version – Norton automatically sends you important product and feature updates throughout the year. The latest version installs without you needing to do anything.
- Norton Management – Cloud-based controls let you fix, update, renew and install Norton AntiVirus over the Internet with a few simple clicks. It brings together your available Norton protection for other devices, like your Mac® computer, smartphone or tablet, in one place.
- Bandwidth Management 2.0 – Automatically adjusts Norton data usage updates when you connect to 3G networks to avoid using up your monthly data allotment or causing overage fees.
- Vulnerability Protection – Stops cybercriminals from using security holes (vulnerabilities) in applications to sneak threats onto your PC.
- Norton Pulse Updates – Updates your protection every 5 to 15 minutes, without disrupting you.
Operating Systems Supported
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit) Home/Professional/Tablet PC/Media Center (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later
- Microsoft Windows Vista® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate with Service Pack 1 or later
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro (32-bit and 64-bit)
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 300 MHz for Microsoft Windows XP, 1 GHz for Microsoft Windows Vista/Microsoft Windows 7/Windows 8
- 256 MB of RAM
- 300 MB of available hard disk space
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
Browser Support for Vulnerability Protection
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 7.0 or higher (32-bit only)
- Mozilla® Firefox® (32-bit only)
Get Free: First of all you must read the section Things-2-Know at the end of article.
1: First you will need to get and install Norton Antivirus 2012. Open the following webpage and download Norton Antivirus 2012. Install it and register it with your new email.
On first run, Norton Antivirus 2012 will ask you to register. Just register it. If it does not ask you, click on Subscribe and register it for 180 days.
Now go to your Norton Account and copy the license key (product key) from your account to your computer for future use.
2: Download Norton Antivirus 2013 from official site:
3: Uninstall Norton Antivirus 2012 using Norton Removal Tool which you can download from here:
4: Install Norton Antivirus 2013 and register it with the same email which you have used to register Norton Antivirus 2012. If you are not asked to register it after installation, just go to Account on the main window of Norton AV 2013 and register it there – marked as No.1.
This registration will not give you free six months. You will need the product key which you have already copied during step 1 from your Norton account. Now click on Renew – marked as No.2. A new window will open. There you click on I have a key or code to enter.
A new window, as seen below, will open where you can paste your product key and press Next.
Norton Antivirus 2013 will connect to its server to verify the key. After a while, you will see that you have 180 days of protection as you can see on the following pic.
You can upgrade from Norton AV 2012 to 2013 without uninstalling 2012 but it may give you some problems like: boot problem, desktop disappear, boot delay, etc. So, better to fresh install Norton AV 2013.
You must use new email when registering Norton AV 2012 because 6 months license is only given to new emails. This same email can be used when registering Norton AV 2013 and you will get six months trial subscription.