Recently, we have had chances to get Kaspersky Mobile Security, BullGuard Mobile Security, F-Secure Mobile Security and DrWeb Mobile Security Suite for Android, Symbian and iOS OSs. Among all these operating systems, Android is becoming the most popular platform and every security vendor is trying to capture its market by offering time limited promos or free security software. And as expected, AVG has also started distributing free AntiVirus for Android based devices.
Android OS is getting its root speedily and firmly and respectively the app developers and mobile device producers and rushing towards it. Because of such condition, it got some serious problems. Being a new operating system and having less control over the apps available for Android, it is more vulnerable. Though Google has app store but there were still occasions when infected applications were available through official channels. Now Google has tighten the security but open market is still open and there are chances that your device can be infected. So, if you missed previous promos, do not worry, now you have free mobile security: AVG AntiViruFree for Android. According to the info on the site, there are almost 4.5 million Android mobile devices have downloaded DroidSecurity (the base of AVG Mobile AntiVirus).
* Scan whole device and identify and remove viruses with a simple click
* Automatic scans can be run weekly, daily, or on demand
* Check apps for malware before downloading from app stores
* Check website content, emails, and SMS for malware before downloading to device
* Locate lost or stolen device using GPS
* Create and display message on screen remotely
* Lock device and wipe content
* Manage applications remotely
SMS Spam Protection
* Basic protection from SMS Spammers
As I have told you in different articles, I do not have any latest mobile device and could not have enough chances to test any one, so I do not know about its effectiveness. But, as it is from AVG, it should be a good one. More info and download can be on the following web page: