TeamViewer is a specialized software designed particularly for distant remote access on different platforms like Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android. This great piece of software is totally free for personal use. This is very useful when assisting others for computer problems, presentation, meetings, audio and video conference, transferring files, creating group of virtual private network, etc. Not only thing, you can also take screenshots of connected computer as well as can also record video of actions on the other connected computer. This all is free for personal use only. Though it is free for personal use but have great data security by implementing fully encrypted data channels using 1024-bit RSA key exchange and 256-bit AES session encoding. This encryption assures your privacy and connection safety.
I installed TeamViewer on Windows 7 x64 Enterprise. There are two modes for installation: Run as stand alone (portable), Install in system. There is no difference except portable does not need uninstaller. The test machine was Windows XP x86 Pro running TeamViewer 7 as portable. I tested remote control access, file transfer and audio video chat. All these features were superb. Voice and video quality was great just like Skype. File transfer was speedy. I remember with previous version once I sent a 1.2GB file and it took almost 2 hours. But today, it took less than 35 minutes to transfer 1.1GB file. File transfer is almost 4 times faster than before. Remote access and messing with other computers files was fun and fine. Remotely accessed computer response is always bit slower than the own computer but with TeamViewer the experience was pleasant and the delay was very low, even less than one second. This is because of data transfer speed on Internet.
Though TeamViewer gives your protection of privacy and data security by encrypting the whole communication with other computer via TeamViewer connection, one thing you should never forget: change the strength of your password for TeamViewer. By default TeamViewer gives you easy four digits password. To make it complicated and difficult to guess, go to Main Menu->Extras->Options->Security and choose the strength of Random Password (for spontaneous access).
New features: Remote Control
- Drag & Drop Even Faster: Simply drag each desired file from and into the remote control window and drop it exactly where you want it.
- Enhanced Multi-Monitor Support: Do you and your clients both work with two or more screens? Then simply display multiple remote screens on a 1:1 scale on your own monitors – simultaneously and without toggling.
- Save Connection Settings per Computer: You can now store individual connection settings for each computer in your computers & contacts list. Thereby, saving you valuable time for all further connections to the same computers.
- Integrated Screenshot Feature: Create a screenshot at any moment during a remote control session. Thus, snapshots of the remote screen are acquired at lightning speed.
- AVI Converter: Convert your recorded sessions into AVI format and then edit your videos at will.
- Movable TeamViewer Panel: Position your TeamViewer Panel wherever you like on your local monitors so that you can see every important screen area at any time.
- Performance Improvement: Especially direct connections and file transfer are now even faster due to optimization of data packets and display settings.
- Optimized performance with TeamViewer Manager: Huge speed increases, especially for large databases. Through optimized database requests, TeamViewer Manager is now up to 4x faster.
New features: Meetings and Presentations
- Instant Meeting: With just one click, you can start your meeting even before adding any participants – ideal for preparation and testing. Invite your colleagues, business partners or clients on the fly.
- Schedule Meetings: Schedule your meetings and send invitations directly from your email client. Use the new “My Meetings” functionality in your TeamViewer account to maintain the perfect overview of all your planned meetings. Transfer your appointments automatically to your Outlook calendar.
- Up To 25 Participants: Invite up to 25 participants to your meeting. From marketing presentations with potential new clients in a personal 1:1 scale, to large international meetings, anything is possible.
- Mobile Participation On The Road: With the new TeamViewer Apps for iPhone, iPad (coming soon) and Android, participation in meetings is possible at any time from the road. That way, you and your colleagues will never again miss important discussions.
- Presenter – Organizer – Participant: Assign different rights to your participants during a meeting. Name one participant the organizer. This person will have expanded rights in order to support you during the meeting. Alternatively you can give another participant the presenter role so that this person can share their screen.
- Communication Tools: Now all participants can see and hear each other. During a meeting, they are connected via Voice over IP and Webcam. Additional tools, such as chat, whiteboard or telephone conferences, support the acoustic and visual exchange of ideas. Choose from a variety of communication tools for lively meetings and presentations.
- File Box: Would you like to make files available for download during a meeting? Simply copy the desired documents into the shared file box via Drag & Drop and easily and quickly exchange them at will.
- Record Presentations: Record your screen presentations and convert your video into the AVI format. This way, you can edit your videos at will.
- Movable TeamViewer Panel: When presenting your entire screen, just drag your TeamViewer Panel to each desired position – even, for example, to a second monitor, to have a complete view of all the important screen areas.
Current version of TeamViewer is 7.0.12142 released on Nov 29, 2011. You can read more about TeamViewer here:
Download TeamViewer for Mac OS X, Linux, Windows, iOS and Android here: