A special advantage of AceBackup is the possibility to backup single files and groups of files, for example for important or confidential documents. The program can also store different versions of your files. This can be useful if you would like to restore a certain version of your file at a later date.
* AceBackup projects may have several volumes with different target locations – simultaneous backup on remote FTP servers as well as on local storage devices (hard disks; floppies; ZIP, JAZZ or MO drives; folders in local network or other writable units)!
* Store your data on CD or DVD!
* Different compression levels for an AceBackup project !
* Both strong encryption of file content and encryption of file name (up to 128 bits)!
* Manage several backup volumes in a project file!
* Explorer Integration: You can now add files to AceBackup directly from the Windows Explorer
* Easy to handle user interface!
* To store and restore files as in the Windows Explorer!
* Automatic backups with integrated scheduler!
* External applications that should be executed before or/and after processing an AceBackup can be specified!
* Multiple versioning backup of similar files!
* Wizard to import and verify projects!
* Restore files in the original folder or in any other folder!
* Filter to eliminate certain file name extensions or to store files with the requested file extension!
* Detailed report which can be sent by e-mail!
* Integrated Update Manager keeps your software up to date!
* Many other program options can be configured individually!
* Detailed help, tutorial and manual in pdf format!
* Backup logical drives and partitions to image files
* Browse images, view and extract files
* Restore images to the same or a different drive
* Copy directly from drive to drive
* Schedule automatic backups
* Run DriveImage from WinPE boot CD-ROM
* Creates fully automatic backups of your data
* Easy to use
* Can store backups on hard disks and USB sticks (free and no strings attached)
* Can store backups on Ocster Secure Storage
o Stores the files in professional data centers
o Much safer than using hard disks or USB sticks
o The backups are protected against fire, water damage, lighning, theft, hurricanes, …
o Multiple copies are kept in different locations
o The data is transmitted to the data centers via a highly secured internet channel
o Available for a small subscription fee.
* Backups are strongly encrypted and protected with a user password
* Backups are compressed intelligently to save space
* Backups are performed automatically at scheduled times
* Backups can be stopped and resumed. This is handy when the computer needs to be shut down, for example.
* Incremental backup: after an initial full backup only the changes to the previous state are stored. This saves space and reduces transfer times.
* Supports backup of:
o files and folders(also files that are in use)
o hard links and symbolic links
o compressed, encrypted and sparse files
* Backup are encrypted with AES (256 Bit)
* High compression rates, even with many small files
Cobian Backup 9
JaBack – Automated Data Backup
*Automate Backups of your important files and folders. The backup set is created in standard ZIP format. This allows flexibility in restoring the data using any zip software to unzip the backup set.
*Transfer your backup set to a remote location via Ftp or Email it to your mail server.
*Scheduler software is very easy to use, yet has very powerful scheduling, tasking and automation capabilities.
*Email Notification of task failure based on task exit code.
*Local directory monitor allows you to backup data when a file/folder change is detected.
*Zip files and directories using wildcards on schedule. Can append date/time to filename for archive purposes.
*Copy files and directories using wildcards on schedule. Can append date/time to filename for archive purposes.
* Free (GPL) Software.
* Filesystem supported: ext2, ext3, ext4, reiserfs, xfs, jfs of GNU/Linux, FAT, NTFS of MS Windows, and HFS+ of Mac OS. Therefore you can clone GNU/Linux, MS windows and Intel-based Mac OS, no matter it’s 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x86-64) OS. For these file systems, only used blocks in partition are saved and restored. For unsupported file system, sector-to-sector copy is done by dd in Clonezilla.
* LVM2 (LVM version 1 is not) under GNU/Linux is supported.
* Multicast is supported in Clonezilla SE, which is suitable for massively clone. You can also remotely use it to save or restore a bunch of computers if PXE and Wake-on-LAN are supported in your clients.
* Based on Partimage, ntfsclone, partclone, and dd to clone partition. However, clonezilla, containing some other programs, can save and restore not only partitions, but also a whole disk.
* By using another free software drbl-winroll, which is also developed by us, the hostname, group, and SID of cloned MS windows machine can be automatically changed.
* Archives compression (Zip & Zip64 format)
* Archives encryption (AES128 & AES256 encryption algorithms)
* Storage on local hard drive, network drive, USB key, FTP / FTPs server (with implicit and explicit SSL / TLS)
* Source file filters (by extension, subdirectory, regular expression, size, date, status, with AND/OR/NOT logical operators)
* Incremental, differential and full backup support
* Support for delta backup (store only modified parts of your files)
* Archives merges : You can merge contiguous archives into one single archive to save storage space.
* As of date recovery : Areca allows you to recover your archives (or single files) as of a specific date.
* Transaction mechanism : All critical processes (such as backups or merges) are transactional. This guarantees your backups’ integrity.
* Backup reports : Areca generates backup reports that can be stored on your disk or sent by email.
* Post backup scripts : Areca can launch shell scripts after backup.
* Files permissions, symbolic links and named pipes can be stored and recovered. (Linux only)
Graphical User Interface :
* Archives content explorer. (including a ‘find file in archives’ feature)
* Archive description : A manifest is associated to each archive, which contains various informations such as title, date, description, and additional technical data.
* File version tracking : Areca keeps track of your files’ history (creation / modifications / deletion). Each version can be selectively viewed and recovered.
* Backup simulation (check whether a backup is necessary)
* User’s actions history : Areca keeps an history of all user’s actions (archives deletion, merges, backups, recoveries).
Command-Line Interface :
* Areca comes with a command-line interface which can be used for backup automation.
Macrium Reflect Free Edt
* Create a disk image whilst running Windows using Microsoft Volume Shadow copy Service (VSS).
* Image to Network, USB, FireWire drives and DVD.
* Built in scheduler.
* 32 bit and native 64 bit versions.
* Industry leading compression levels and speed.
* Linux based Rescue CD with Network access and full GUI. Only 6.5MB in size!
* Built in CD/DVD packet writing engine. Supports packet writing to DVD DL media with Windows Vista.
* HTML log files.
Personal Backup v5
(The webpage is in German but installer is available in English.)
For individual schedules it is easy to start a backup using the windows task scheduler using the comman line options of the program.
Note: Personal Backup should not be used to save and restore system files.
Karen’s Replicator v3.6.8
Automatically backup files, directories, even entire drives! Karen’s Replicator copies selected files from one drive/folder to another. Source and Destination folders can reside anywhere on your network. Options include repeated copies at intervals as short as a few minutes, or as long as several months, copy only files that have changed, and the replication of folder and file deletions. New features allow you to specify which files should not be copied, and also which days a job should be skipped!